Previewing the Playtech Live Casino Platform
Playtech is not quite as old as fellow software providers Microgaming and NetEnt, both of which were first active in the mid-1990s. For Playtech, however, the provider wouldn’t launch its first online casino until 2001. Just a decade later, though, and Playtech was beginning to develop live casino games hosted in a realistic setting.
Playtech Live Casino Games
Live casinos became more common on the marketplace back in 2012, with the larger operators taking the risk of investing in this innovative technology. In the present, it’s clear that the gamble paid off, with so many mobile live casinos now in existence.
Casino.com is one example of where you can find Playtech live casino games. This was one of the first live casinos to launch and it remains a high-quality experience to this day. You can start by claiming a 100% welcome bonus up to £400, with a number of live dealer games available to play.
Live Roulette Games
Roulette wheels can allow for numerous gaming variants. As a result, Playtech has been able to provide live dealer roulette across a number of different formats:
- European Roulette: A European wheel has a zero and is numbered from one to 36, which results in a 2.70% house edge when playing this Playtech version.
- US Roulette: The US version features a slightly different wheel that also has a double zero, but this raises the house edge up to 5.26% on even-money odds.
- French Roulette: France is the country that spawned roulette before it went global. By nature, it’s closest to European roulette with its single zero, but the house edge of 1.35% is lower. The betting table is slightly different, with players encountering special rules such as En Prison and La Partage.
- Prestige Roulette: This version is essentially VIP roulette, with the camera getting closer to the action, while the dealer also helps to create an intimate environment.
- Dual Roulette: In dual roulette, you are playing a multi-wheel variant with two wheels. This offers you the ability to back even more outcomes.
- Triple Roulette: Going a step further, triple roulette as another wheel to give you three in total.
Live Blackjack Games
Blackjack is up next in the popularity stakes, with players given a few live dealer variants at the their fingertips:
- Blackjack Live: Do battle with the dealer and try to finish closest to 21.
- Unlimited Blackjack: The simple premise of Unlimited Blackjack is that the table is not limited to just several seats, but the trade-off is less interaction with the dealer.
- Triple Blackjack: Play up to three hands at once and see if you can build up winnings at an even quicker pace.
Playtech has designed another couple of live card games to enjoy, and these include:
- Baccarat: By comparison, baccarat is a more relaxed version of blackjack where only the right-most number counts as your score, with nine being the target.
- Casino Hold’em: This is a hybrid version of Texas hold’em, but this time you take on the dealer.
All of these mobile live casino games can be played on Android or Apple iOS by visiting Casino.com and claiming the £400 welcome bonus.